SHOP BENICIA: GIFT CARDS SUPPORTING LOCAL BUSINESSES
The City of Benicia is excited to launch a new program to support your business during this challenging time. Shop Benicia is designed to help local businesses increase sales while also supporting the community by keeping our dollars local.
Shop Benicia allows shoppers to purchase digital gift cards that can be redeemed at any participating business in Benicia.
Who can participate?
Participation is open to any restaurant, retail, salon & spa and hotel business in the City of Benicia. Please note, you must accept Mastercard in order to redeem Shop Benicia gift cards.
DETAILS FOR BUSINESSES
Participation is free for businesses*, and can be set up in a matter of minutes. Simply enter the activation code you were sent in your POS, and you will be up and running!
Once you enter your activation code, you will be automatically added to a participating business list and map on the Yiftee site. Please note that it can take up to 24 hours to be added.
Shop Benicia eGift cards never expire. They can be redeemed on the shopper’s phone, or shoppers can print or give the cards as gifts. Shop Benicia Bonus eGift Cards received as part of the special launch promotion expire on February 28, 2021. This should encourage holiday shopping, while leaving time to plant for Valentine’s Day.
You don’t need to do anything to manage the program, either. Shop Benicia cards are managed end-to-end by the City of Benicia through Yiftee, an online gift card platform.
- Merchants are paid via Mastercard when eGifts are redeemed at their store either in person or over the phone.
- To redeem, process as key-entry MasterCards, similar to a customer paying with their own credit card.
- There is no fee to merchants. Merchants pay MasterCard processing at redemption. The fee is slightly higher (fraction of %), because is a “Card Not Present” (CNP) transaction.
- Card buyer pays $1+5% eDelivery fee on purchase. Yiftee may take inactivity fees on card balance after 12 consecutive month’s inactivity, state laws permitting.
- Merchants must run an “Activation Card” to opt in to the program.
*Please note that standard credit card fees apply when purchases are made using the cards.
Information for Shoppers
This page is intended to help Benicia businesses. If you are interested in purchasing a Shop Benicia gift card for yourself, a friend, or a loved one, you can learn more here.
*Updated 12/14/2020: The Shop Benicia “bonus” eGift card promotion has been enormously successful. All Bonus eGift cards have been distributed and the promotion has now ended. Shop Benicia Bonus eGift cards expire 02/28/21. While this promotion has now ended, shoppers are may still show their love and support of local businesses by purchasing and redeeming Shop Benicia eGift Cards, which never expire!